March 2012 tier list - In mixed OCG / TCG - My opinion

Everything else Yu-Gi-Oh!

March 2012 tier list - In mixed OCG / TCG - My opinion

Postby 22James22 » 31 Mar 2012, 04:57

I am attempting to create a custom ban list to make Yu-Gi-Oh more fun and varied. So I did some research into which cards would need hitting. This is my conclusions of what the top decks are in a format that mixes TCG and OCG cards with the current ban list.
In rough order:

Tier 1
Dino Rabbit tour guide
Wind-Ups
Inzektors

Tier 2
Dark World
Hieroglyph

Tier 3
Lavals
Chaos Dragon
Skill drain Heroes
Six Samurai
Karakuris
Evols
Chaos
Ninjas
Lightsworn

Tier 4
Lancer Frogs
Agents
Empty Jar
Chain Burn
Malefics
Gladiator Beasts
Infernities
Fableds
Gadgets
X-Sabers
Worms
Quickdraw Doppel
T.G. Skill drain
Zombies

Tier 5
Anything else.

Did I forget anything? Do you think I got it in the wrong order?
Last edited by 22James22 on 31 Mar 2012, 09:44, edited 2 times in total.
22James22

Re: March 2012 tier list - In mixed OCG / TCG - My opinion

Postby -Bid96- » 31 Mar 2012, 07:05

1st it's HIERATIC lool; then I personally think karakuri may be top 2 since it has incredible swarming capability & when you wrote evols you meant starndard ones or with support?
Kinda Epic >.>
-Bid96-

Postby 22James22 » 31 Mar 2012, 07:39

The list is based of the fake format that this and the duel network has made in which unreleased cards are present and OCG and TCG cards are mixed. So this is based of Evols with support. Karakuri are good but I don't see them being on par with dark world or the Hieroglyph Atumus, Gaia Dragoon, Super dread nought cannon OTK. If you think they should go up thoigh then I will consider it. Thanks for your input!
22James22

Postby Vakrug » 31 Mar 2012, 09:07

Very interesting... I never thought that Karakuris are so good. May be I use them wrong?.. ;)

I play YGOPro a couple of month, but I have never seen Evols. Are they really good?

Then, if Quickdraw Doppel is that deck that focuses on summon Qasar, then I can tell you that once my opponent have managed to sommon it in the First Turn! So I think this deck is really strong!

And finally you forgot about Lavals/Flamvells. And when I say Laval/Flamevell, I mean "Rekindling" of cource! :roll:
Vakrug

Postby 22James22 » 31 Mar 2012, 09:38

There is a 3 card quasar that is not mega consistent but pretty good. I ran a Quasar deck online last format that was pretty good but the banning of the plant engine killed it. If you have a friend who runs it side in volcanic queen or lava Golem, Quasar misses the timing to summon Shooting star dragon when tributed for them... best troll ever! Yeah I forget lavals I would say they are probably high tier 3. Evols are good with the new support but as the new support isn't even TCG legal yet not many people run them and they have loads of TCG / OCG exclusives that are good when you mix them. Adding lavals to the list thanks for your input!
22James22

Postby Vakrug » 31 Mar 2012, 09:59

And one more extremely powerful deck: Dragunity/Assault Mode. With this deck it is very easy to summon Assault Stardust which is almost as strong as Quasar.

I don't know about deck name, but "Herald of Perfection" is very strong in Fairy Decks.

I, personally, like Vylons (OCG). This deck is quite risky but strong. In my opinion, this risk level is almost the same as with Infernities. It is up to you to count that deck in Tire 4 or not.
Vakrug

Postby -Bid96- » 31 Mar 2012, 10:52

Vakrug wrote:Very interesting... I never thought that Karakuris are so good. May be I use them wrong?.. ;)

They are pretty badass go check some vids o YT I used it too once but now i think it's old...
Quasar instead is now dead because hyper librarian 'n' stuff got all banned :lol:
Kinda Epic >.>
-Bid96-

Postby Vakrug » 31 Mar 2012, 12:13

-Bid96- wrote:Quasar instead is now dead because hyper librarian 'n' stuff got all banned
:?: Hyper Librarian is Limited, isn't he? BTW this card is not so important in Quasar summoning. Except "Rekindling" the other way is through "Road Warrior"...
Vakrug

Postby 22James22 » 31 Mar 2012, 12:29

Quickdraw doopel had plays outside of Quasar. The banning of trishula and bulb hurt them a lot though.

I would put herald of perfection ect in the anything else category.

The main problem with this format is previously the difference between the tiers was quite small but this format its huge. Wind-ups and dinno rabbit are the most powerful decks since Tele-Dad. They are just horrid. Horrid to play with horrid to play against. Please check out my topic in the unofficial downloads and let's move the disscusion onto how we can make the game more fun with a custom format.
22James22

Postby Vakrug » 31 Mar 2012, 15:55

And what about Dragunity + Assault mode? Don't forget those nasty cards!
Vakrug

Postby -Bid96- » 02 Apr 2012, 01:24

Vakrug wrote: :?: Hyper Librarian is Limited, isn't he? BTW this card is not so important in Quasar summoning. Except "Rekindling" the other way is through "Road Warrior"...

Huh sorry I meant limited -.-"
Btw you need it for drawing cards.
Kinda Epic >.>
-Bid96-

Postby 22James22 » 02 Apr 2012, 07:03

Vakrug wrote:And what about Dragunity + Assault mode? Don't forget those nasty cards!

in my opinion Dragunity could probably make tier 4 but assault mode is tier 5. If its not tier 1-3 your going to lose a lot no matter how skilled you are. I really dislike that. I wish konami would use its sets balance current archetypes before making new ones.
22James22

Return to General Yu-Gi-Oh! Discussion